This recipe makes a batch of 3 dozen.
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of All-Purpose Flour, Divided
- 1 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 3/4 Cup of Shortening
- 1/4 Cup of Molasses
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Ground Cloves
- 1 1/4 Cup of All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup of White Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Beat 1 Cup Flour, Brown Sugar, Shortening, Molasses. Teaspoons of Baking Soda, Ginfger, Cinnamon and Cloves in a Large Bowl until thoroughly combined; Stir in remaining 1 1/4 Cup of All- Purpose Flour.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls
- Roll the balls in White Sugar
- Place them 2 inches apart on a sheet of ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven until cookies are set and tops are crackled for 8 to 10 minutes
You can also try decorative cookie cutters and add some icing to serve for this Christmas!
Well, next month I'll find a new recipe to share, Enjoy! ♡