Monday, November 12, 2012

Healthy, Boosting Banana!

As I previously said, I want to try different posts on this blog and so I decided to do a How To sort of post. I love smoothies and shakes, so I wanted to share one of my favorite things to make when I need a boost or just because I want a tasty, healthy drink. This Month's Recipe is a Vanilla - Banana Shake
It's super easy to make! I'll post the Ingredients and Utensils below:


This recipe is for 4-5 servings. 
Ingredients

  • A Blender
  • Measuring Spoons
  • A Measuring Cup
  • Your Hands! 
  • 3 Ripe Bananas
  • 2 Cups of Milk 
  • 1 Cup of Plain or Vanilla Yogurt (optional)
  • 1 1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
  • A Half Cup of Quaker Oats Oatmeal 
  • 1 Cup of Ice (optional)
Directions

  1. Get out your blender of course! Add 3 Bananas 
  2. Add 2 Cups of Milk. Any type of milk is fine Soy, Almond which ever tickles your pickle!
  3. Add 1 Cup of Yogurt Which is optional because it just makes it creamier. 
  4. Add a 1 1/2 teaspoon of  Vanilla Extract Tasty!
  5. Add a Half Cup of Oats Grind with your hands so they can completely dissolve in the blender.
  6. Add a Cup if Ice This is also optional, I just like it really cold
  7. Blend them up! I press the Ice crush, next Grind, then Blend. Just because I like it to completely dissolve the the oats and crush the ice
  8. When it's done add a banana slice on the edge of your cup plus some more ice and enjoy! 

Well, next month I'll find a new recipe to share, Enjoy! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment